There are basically two ways to study abroad:
1. Exchange students:
For a temporary stay abroad, there is the possibility to use FAU’s partner programs as an exchange student.
– Less effort
– Lower costs, since tuition fees are largely waived and, depending on the program, additional scholarships are granted.
– Selection limited to FAU’s partnership network => sometimes very competitive.
– Programs of the School of Business, Economics ans Society
The School of Business, Economics and Society offers more than 130 partner universities where you can spend one or more semesters (usually without tuition fees, exceptions are marked, partly with fixed scholarships like ERASMUS, PROMOS, etc. ). For this, you have to apply directly through us.
The FAU offers a complementary direct exchange program for all faculties.
– Additional possibility to go to a partner university.
– Restrictions may apply to certain subjects
– Open/Available to students at all FAU faculties
You apply to a university of your choice individually (usually with tuition fees) and take care of all administrative and subject-related issues.
– Worldwide study places independent of existing contracts
– Customized solutions without internal competition
– Optimal use of funding opportunities such as Auslands-BAföG
– Long-term planning necessary
– Higher self-commitment necessary
– Tuition fees