Language skills/ tests
For admission to a foreign university, proof of language skills must usually be provided at the time of application.
What is the language of instruction at the partner university?
- Usually English, but in Roman-speaking countries sometimes request also or exclusively the national language.
Please inform yourself in advance!
What language level do I already need to have when applying?
- English at least level B1 (better: B2)
- Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese at least A1/A2
(two levels below admission level)
- Russian, Japanese at least A1 (or course registration proof)
Which language certificates are accepted at WiSo?
Language skills from the German Abitur certificate do not automatically apply. In the case of several priorities with different teaching languages, several proofs are required. At the internal application deadline, the evidence must not be older than two years.
The following proofs can be submitted optionally:
- course certificate from a successfully passed FAU language course (max. 2 years old)
- Language test for English, French, Spanish (free of charge, computer-based)
=> more information at email@example.com
- Mobility test (=DAAD language test), 15€, individual with language tutor
=> Dates/ registration at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirmation of equivalence for language certificates such as TOEFL, IELTS, CPE, DELE, etc. or foreign qualifications
=> Information at email@example.com
For information on dates/registration, please contact our Language Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In which form do language certificates have to be uploaded?
please merge all certificates in one pdf document (max. 1 MB)