Language skills/ tests
For admission to a foreign university, proof of language skills must usually be provided at the time of application.
What is the language of instruction at the partner university?
- Usually English, but in Roman-speaking countries sometimes request also or exclusively the national language.
Please inform yourself in advance!
What language level do I already need to have when applying?
- English at least level B1 (better: B2)
- Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese at least A1/A2
(two levels below admission level)
- Russian, Japanese at least A1 (or course registration proof)
Which language certificates are accepted at WiSo?
- course certificate from a successfully passed FAU language course (max. 2 years old)
- Language test for English, French, Spanish (free of charge, computer-based)
=> Dates/registration at email@example.com
- Mobility test (=DAAD language test), 15€, individual with language tutor
=> Dates/ registration at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirmation of equivalence for language certificates such as TOEFL, IELTS, CPE, DELE, etc. or foreign qualifications
=> Information at email@example.com
Language skills from the German Abitur certificate do not automatically apply