The next step is to submit your application (as hard copy in folder, pdf only in exceptional cases)
Your application should include the following documents:
Current Application Form (German)
- Letter of Motivation (in German and in the target language, if this is required by the chair)
- Copies of Abitur certificate and of university examinations (BA-Certificate, grades transcript from MeinCampus)
- Copies of certificates of language courses/-tests, language stays or placements relative to the country you are applying to
- CV (chronological) in German (1-2 pages)
- Passport Photo (not biometric)
Applications (complete with all documents in folder) are to be submitted to the International Office; each student can apply to a maximum of two programme coordinators two, and must submit an application(folder) in full to each programme coordinator.
The application portfolio can list a maximum of 10 universities offered by the programme coordinator. In your application you should only elaborate on your reasons for applying to the university of your first choice, not for all of the universities on your list.
Your second application folder serves as a backup should your application for your first preference not be successful.The more alternatives you have, the greater your chances of being considered for a place!
The deadline for the following WS and SS is always the beginning of December (posted on current noticeboards). The selection process takes place in January/ February at the chair.
Places which aren’t filled will be re-advertised in spring and allotted on a first come,first served basis.