Travel Scholarships from the Fonds Hochschule International (Bavarian State Ministry) for Stays Abroad in 2019
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) awards travel scholarships (amount depends on destination; up to €400 for Europe and up to €800 outside Europe) for stays abroad worldwide from funds provided by the Bavarian State Ministry for Education, Science and the Arts to students of all nationalities who are eligible.
What are the scholarships awarded for?
Stays abroad that start between 1 January 2019 and 1 December 2019
• Study stays at FAU’s partner universities with a minimum duration of 1 month
• Summer/winter schools, preferably at FAU’s partner universities
• Internships relevant to applicants’ studies (including practical years and clinical practice) with a minimum duration of 4 weeks
• Work on research papers and final theses with a minimum duration of 1 month
Who is eligible?
• Students who are enrolled in a degree programme with the aim of obtaining a university degree at FAU (except doctoral degrees) at the time of application and for the duration of the stay abroad.
• Students who are not receiving any funding for travel for their stay abroad from other sources.
• Students who are receiving funding for their stay abroad from the ERASMUS programme (for studying in ERASMUS programme countries or ERASMUS partner countries or completing an ERASMUS internship) are not eligible for funding.
The application must be made in two parts:
1. Complete the online application form: www.studon.fau.de/studon/goto.php?target=svy_2225266
2. Send your application documents in a PDF file by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The PDF file must be named according to the following structure: “FHI 2019_Surname, First name”.
The following application deadlines apply:
31 March 2019 for stays abroad that start between 1 January 2019 and 30 June 2019
30 June 2019 for stays abroad that start between 1 June 2019 and 1 December 2019
Applications received after these dates or incomplete applications will not be considered.
You can submit your application documents in German or English.
• Curriculum vitae, in tabular form (1-2 pages, without a photo)
• Transcript of records (excerpt from mein campus and copies of completed degrees, e.g. Bachelor’s degree certificate)
• Current certificate of enrolment at FAU
• For study visits, research papers or final theses, summer/winter schools: Confirmation (e.g. letter of admission of the foreign university) of the stay abroad with details of the exact time period (DD/MM/YYYY – DD/MM/YYYY) and, if relevant, the costs involved (tuition fees, participation fees, etc.)
• For internships: Letter of invitation or internship contract with details of the exact time period of the internship (DD/MM/YYYY – DD/MM/YYYY), remuneration and any other benefits such as free accommodation
• If applicable, copies of any confirmation of additional funding you receive (BAföG, scholarships etc.)
Contact for questions:
Vivien Aehlig, M.A.
Central Office for International Affairs