Final Registration

Finally, Non-EU-Citizens have to go back to the Ausländerbehörde, in order to complete the registration for getting the residence permit.

Watch this video for better understanding:


Stempel_fcmIn order to do so, please contact the immigration authorities of your place of residence:

Immigration authorities in Erlangen (German)

Immigration authorities in Erlangen-Höchstadt (Erlangen-Land) (German)

Immigration authorities in Nuremberg (German)

Usually, you will require:

  • a form to apply for a residence permit
  • your identity card or passport (containing your visa, if applicable)
  • certificate of enrolment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung) from FAU
  • proof of/exemption from health insurance
  • proof of financing
  • biometric passport photos
  • money for fees (appr. 80 €)

Please note that you must apply for an extension of your visa or residence permit approximately 2 months before your visa or residence permit expires.