Finally, Non-EU-Citizens have to go back to the Ausländerbehörde, in order to complete the registration for getting the residence permit.
Watch this video for better understanding: https://www.fau.tv/clip/id/35979
In order to do so, please contact the immigration authorities of your place of residence:
Immigration authorities in Erlangen (German)
Immigration authorities in Erlangen-Höchstadt (Erlangen-Land) (German)
Immigration authorities in Nuremberg (German)
Usually, you will require:
- a form to apply for a residence permit
- your identity card or passport (containing your visa, if applicable)
- certificate of enrolment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung) from FAU
- proof of/exemption from health insurance
- proof of financing
- biometric passport photos
- money for fees (appr. 80 €)
Please note that you must apply for an extension of your visa or residence permit approximately 2 months before your visa or residence permit expires.