Bank Account

Einigung bei KV nach "schwierigen Verhandlungen"

For EU-students: you may keep your home bank account and your IBAN for all financial transfers

For Non-EU-students:

You need to open a so-called “Giro-Konto” in Germany, from where your regular payments will later be deduced (rent, telephone-bill, electricity and water, etc.).

It is helpful to have a reference from your home bank. Make a deposit to this account with your traveller checks or your extra cash.

In order to open an account students will need proof of their enrolment. In some cases and subject to prior agreement with the bank a letter of acceptance and confirmation by the faculty may suffice.

A good survey is provided by