Once we are notified of your participation in the programme (by your home university), we’ll mail you the admission application form, alternatively you can download it from our website.
Please then send it back directly to the central office of international affairs in Erlangen (address mentioned on the forms).
Fill out the application form and add the following required documents:
- Your high school diploma (e.g. School Leaving Certificate,Maturità; Baccalauréat) as certified copy + certified translation of your diploma in German (except English originals)
- An enrolment certificate from your university
- A certificate of your knowledge of the German language (completed CEF level A2 minimum)
- Confirmation from your university that you are allowed to participate in the exchange programme/ official nomination letter
If you wish to live in one of the student residences, you’ll have to apply for a room in advance. The application for a room within the „Kontingentzimmer“-offer is attached to the admission procedure guided by the central office of international affairs.
PLEASE NOTE: All students coming to Nürnberg should participate in our introductory week and buddy-system, the central office of international affairs offers a similar service to students from the other faculites in Erlangen.
The deadlines are:
Summer term: 15th November
After the applications have been processed, you’ll receive a notification containing information on enrolment that will be of assistance to you once you’re in Germany. Also, you’ll be informed about which student dormitories/residences have a vacancy. If you’ve got a room in a student dorm, please confirm it immediately with the central office of international affairs.
There are several documents you must bring with you in order to avoid any bureaucratic problems. We advise you to check your papers before you leave for Germany.
Here is the list of what you need:
- The admission letter (Zulassungsbestätigung) sent to you by mail
- Your high school diploma (only for double degree students) in the original or a certified copy!!!
- Health insurance certificate (EU countries: new EHIC-card!, Turkey: T/A 11,) from your health service, which has to be valid for the whole duration of your stay in Germany
- An enrolment certificate from your university / entrance exam
- Confirmation (in German or officially translated) from your parents or your university (Scandinavia!), verifying minimum financial support of 550 EUR per month which you’re guaranteed to receive. If you don’t come from an EU-member state, ask the German embassy for a certification of your parents’ guarantee.
- A photocopy of your passport or ID-card, in case they get lost.
- 4 passport photographs
- A reference from your home bank is a good idea. It makes it easier to open an account in Nürnberg (see Opening a bank account)
- Documentation of your 1-2 year studies to date (transcript, etc.)
- All ERASMUS/ECTS forms from your home university (they can be signed by us here in Nürnberg or Erlangen)