Having completed the previous steps, you may now proceed with the enrolment, which is to be done (in person) in the Registrar’s Office (Studentenkanzelei) in Erlangen.
Note, that you have to enrol before 31st October (WS) or 30th April (SS), you can do it individually or in a group with our buddies.
Usually, the enrolment period lasts three weeks and starts a month before the beginning of the lecture period. Additionally, a separate enrolment date will be arranged for students of the Master Programme with the Student Records Office. It will be during the orientation week and we will travel to Erlangen together.
Attention: there is a new procedure since summer term 2007!
The „Studentenwerksbeitrag'“ of 42 EUR + 65 EUR (Basic ticket VGN) has to be paid by ALL students, also by the exchange students.
The financial transactions are made before the enrolment procedure, so it’s already done when you go to Erlangen for the physical enrolment.
It’s best to take the train to Erlangen central station. Then you have a short walk to the
Ground floor, room 0.034
phone: +49 (0)9131 / 85 – 240 77 or – 240 78
open: Mon. through Fri.: 8.30-12.00
There, you’ll need the following documents:
- Letter of admission from the university
- Original foreign diploma which entitles to attend university.
- Proof of previous studies in the original:
Bachelor degree or diploma and transcripts of records
- – For EU-Citizens: Proof of registration from the Registration Office
– Non EU-Citizens: Student visa (issued by the home country) and proof of registration from the Registration Office
– Tourist visas will not be accepted!
– If you only have a tourist visa you must apply prior to enrolment for a provisional residence permit with the Foreign National’s Registration Office of the City ofNuremberg.
- Proof of health insurance: proof can be obtained from your health insurance. Proof of exemption from the statutory health insurance must be provided if you have private health insurance. Presenting a chip card or a simple membership certificate will not suffice. For further information please ask your health insurance. Enrolment will be denied if sufficient proof is not provided (Art. 61 Paragraph 1 # 8 BayHSchG).
- Each student will receive a remittance slip after enrolment with which the fee of €107 can be paid. Students will receive their final student documents after receipt of payment.
- Up-to-date passport picture
- Proof of exmatriculation if you were previously enrolled at a German university.
You go to room 0.034 where you present the above- mentioned documents.
You will receive a transcript and a bank transfer form for tuition payment in case you have not paid the tuition and semester fee yet. After receipt of payment, you are enrolled at the university and an information sheet is sent to you with your account details for the university portal “mein campus” (see below). On this portal, you can download a collection of proof of enrolment certificates which can be printed and cut out when needed, e.g. when buying a monthly ticket for the bus or opening a bank account free of charge. Most import of all is the Student ID card, which can also be downloaded. It contains the student identification number. This number is for example required to sign up for language courses (language center) and for exams. It also contains information on your email address and your login for the university computers.
Important: You must re-enroll after every semester otherwise you will be irrevocably exmatriculated! Students can re-enroll by paying the semester fee (€107) . The necessary bank transfer form can be found each semester on “mein campus”. An academic leave of absence must be applied for in person at the Students Records Office.
You will then have proof of acceptance to the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg.
“Mein campus” (http://www.campus.uni-erlangen.de) is a university portal where students can download important documents and sign up and withdraw from exams. A withdrawal from an exam is only possible up until one day before the exam. Furthermore, students can change their address and contact information via the portal. They can also print out Student ID cards and proof of enrolment certificates.
Scope of “mein campus“:
- Signing up and withdrawing from exams
- Proof of enrolment
- Student ID card
- All student certificates (Studienbescheinigungen)
- Up-to-date overview of grades
- Overview of the exams for which one has signed up for
- Change of address or contact details